Friday, April 19, 2013

Learning To Unlearn

     The thought at first, to unlearn to ultimately become a better teacher seems backward but after reading the chapter in order to understand the meaning behind it, it makes complete sense.  Unlearning is the process of leaving behind old ideas or ways of doing something and basically trading in those for new, more efficient ideas or ways of doing things.  In my opinion, I feel that this is going to be a struggle of mine even though I know that it is going to be beneficial to my future students.  

 
      I feel that there are multiple things that we as future teachers are going to have to unlearn and relearn because times are changing. One of the most important things that I think we must unlearn as a whole generation is the idea of technology in the classroom.  Most kids nowadays depend on technology to much in my opinion and most teachers do not utilize it enough.  There are so many great opportunities that come from technology such as whiteboards.  This is a great way to get ideas for your class through other teachers. We as teachers also must learn to unlearn that we are the teacher we need to be open and able to learn from our students.  We need to teach our students how to communicate with others and also how to relay information to there classmates. I feel that we have to become the student and think back to how we were taught and reflect in our own teaching ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment